01 Apr Glacier With The Kids: Glacier National Park Family Vacation
There’s a lot to consider for your Glacier National Park family vacation- What Glacier National Park lodging will best accommodate your family; what the must do hikes in Glacier Park are; what activities in Glacier you can do with your family without feeling overwhelmed by the crowds; where the best local restaurants are that will leave you with a full belly and smile on your face.
As locals, we know a thing or two. Below are some of our favorite things to do and see around Glacier National Park. We’ve also included some hidden gems that are often missed by tourists. So enjoy all the things to do in Glacier National Park and all its natural beauty!
Make Your Glacier National Park Family Vacation Unforgettable
Glacier Park Campgrounds That You Don’t Have To Book 6 Months In Advance
- Fish Creek Campground
- Sundance Campground
- West Glacier KOA
- Under Canvas
- Two Medicine Campground
- Apgar Campground
- Sprague Creek Campground
- Avalanche Campground
- Moose Creek RV Resort
VRBOs Glacier National Park- Perfect for Families
- The Tower VRBO # 1279557
- The Red Cabin VRBO # 1325706
- Coram Cabin in God’s Country VRBO # 388368
- Coram Loft VRBO # 682972
- Coram Trapper Cabin VRBO # 1054837
Traveling with multiple families? This the ticket! Check out these new condo units in Coram for multiple family gatherings.
- Unit 1 VRBO # 1560904
- Unit 2 VRBO # 1570374
- Unit 3 VRBO # 1570702
- Unit 4 VRBO # 1570605
- Glacier Highline: High Ropes Course with some zip lining included
- Glacier Raft Co: Whitewater Rafting
- Swan Valley Outfitters: Horseback Riding in Glacier Park
- Red Bus Tours
- Glacier Guides Montan Raft: Guided Hikes through Glacier
- Glacier Park Boat Tours
- Visit Lake McDonald Lodge
- Hike Avalanche Lake and hit the Trail of the Cedars
- Drive Going-To-The-Sun Road
Polebridge Mercantile: The best huckleberry bear claws in the west! If your mouth isn’t watering now, it will be when you get a first look at these delicious pastries.
Eddie’s Ice Cream Shoppe: I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!! If you’re visiting Glacier National Park in the summer with your kids, it’s a right of passage to stop at Eddie’s Ice Cream Shoppe for a scope of the famous Huckleberry Heaven.
Sunflower Cafe: If you’re looking for a breakfast spot in West Glacier, this is a favorite among many Glacier Park travelers! Sitting in the morning sun with a hot cup of joe and a delicious mix of breakfast plates.
Glacier Grill and Pizza: Located in the heart of Coram is a great place to grab a quick bite on your way to or from Glacier. The Glacier Grill has a variety of salads, wraps, burgers and known for their PIZZA! Located right off Hwy 2 you can’t and won’t want to miss this place!
Josephine’s Bar and Kitchen: This is a hidden gem- if you hit Glacier Distillery’s Red Barn you’ve gone too far! After a day in Glacier stop off at Josephine’s Bar & Kitchen. They serve up some wonderful dishes- with a MT twist. If you want the full effect make sure you pair your meal with one of their wonderful cocktails!
La Casita: Our friends at La Casita are your go-to people if you are craving Mexican! Their authentic touch puts them at the top of their game….did we mention their homemade tortillas?!?! Check them out at the Discovery Center in West Glacier!
- Bike the Going-to-the-Sun Road early spring
- Huckleberry Picking
- Hike Avalanche Lake, just one of many trails in Glacier
- Glacier Highline
- Big Sky Waterslides
- Amazing Fun Center
- Explore Polebridge
- Take a dip in Lake McDonald or Flathead Lake!
- Whitewater Rafting at Glacier Raft Co.
- Frozen Ice-waterfall
- Cross-country skiing / snowshoeing
- Hit the Slopes of Whitefish Mtn Resort
- Ice Skating at Stumptown Ice Den
- Crafts at Stumptown Art Studio
- Snowmobile Tours with J&L Rentals
- Dog Sled Adventures